Last night, I began working as a server at a country club in town to supplement my teaching income. I like serving. It is a great opportunity for character study and I prefer it over other part-time work because there is always something to do and thus, the time flies by.
Last night, I felt all of my theatre skills serving me. My ability to say yes to whatever was asked of me. A willingness to jump in and try something, even though I was bound to do it incorrectly. Quick memorization of specials. Looking customers in the eye with ease.
So, oddly enough, my first day of serving pumped me up for teaching and sharing all of these valuable life skills with the students in my classes. I think the two jobs will link in my brain for an explosive, multi-faceted summer learning experience. :)
Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment