The Barter Players' 2011 Winter Tour is finishing up.
They performed The Legend of Sleepy Hollow 32 times for 8,394 students and teachers.
Here's what some of those fantastic students and teachers had to say:
“We here at Western Greenbrier believe that exposure to the arts promotes higher thinking-
they [the Players] are here because they believe it too.” –Mrs. Ream, Greenbrier Arts Council
“The direction of this show was just fabulous.” –Audience member
“You guys do a great job. Yours is one of the only assemblies that keeps the kids’ attention the whole time.” –Teacher
“I think what you guys do is great because these guys don’t get any of this. What y’all are doing is really, really precious.” –Teacher
“We used to bus our kids out to the Barter every year but, we lost our funding. So, it’s the biggest blessing to be able to have you come to us.” –Teacher
Player: “Did you like the show?”
Kindergartner: “I didn’t like it. I LOVED it. I want to be that when I grow up.”
“I just wanted you guys to know- we bring in at least one or two programs a year and this is the best I’ve ever seen.” -Teacher
*Ichabod falls off of the horse at the end of the play and looks out into the wilderness to see a kid lean forward and whisper:* “There’s someone behind you.”
No comments:
Post a Comment