Just finished the first classes of "Creative Dramatics" for ages 4-7 and "Movement for Actors" for ages 11-16.
The highlight:
Going on a water break with a group of very small children disguised as aliens.
Here's the scoop:
I'm sitting in a circle with six 4- and 5-year-olds and Ezra. One 4-year-old girl sees a alien in the hallway! I ask everyone what it looks like.
"Green skin!"
"3 tentacles for hair!"
"One eye!"
I ask, Where's the one eye?
Another 4-year-old girl points to her nose.
Our water break becomes a spy mission - to find the alien. He might be at the water fountain! We disguise ourselves by placing three fingers above our head and holding a fist to our nose (like the alien's one eye).
We find the alien at the water fountain. His name is Squid. He fits in the palm of my hand. We take him back to the room and place him on his very own table.
I LOVE what I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment